Where: Downtown Gig Harbor
When: October 31, 3-6pm
The Gig Harbor Waterfront Alliance is proud to present this annual and very popular-for-all-ages event along the downtown business district. A Great family event in beautiful downtown Gig Harbor supported by all the local businesses. I love seeing the harbor full of people and kids having fun. Road closures by the city contribute to a safe and relaxed atmosphere.
What You Need to Know
This is a free community event that offers some entertainment and fun activities along with candy at most merchants. The best entertainment of course, is just seeing everyone’s costumes and watching the kids have fun.
The event takes place October 31, 3-6 pm.
Road closures will be in effect to help provide safe Trick or Treating, on Harborview from Soundview to Rosedale, and on Pioneer from Harborview to Tarabochia. Road closures times are at the discretion of the police department, but likely shortly after 2pm until shortly after 6pm.
Some of the recent year’s featured activities included:
- A “spooky skulls tour” presented by Harbor WildWatch at the Skansie House visitor center!
- Paradise Theatre’s Haunted House – NO SCARES – Free for kids from 4-6pm. Located next to 7 Seas Brewing.
- “Trunk or Treat” at the Gig Harbor Church of the Nazarene from 3 – 6pm.
- Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One Fire Truck and Medic Unit available for the kids to visit.
- A “spooktacular” surprise by Harbor Dance at 4:30 and 5pm in front of Skansie Park!
This is a great opportunity to experience the many historic landmark businesses that make Gig Harbor such a unique spot like The Gig Harbor Marina and Boatyard, and the original Gig Harbor Market, Finholm’s, which has expanded to include a nice deli and brewery that is a local hangout.
Options at Uptown
If the difficult parking and walking to get to the downtown event seem like too much, you can also opt to trick or treating at the modern Uptown Gig Harbor shopping area. The merchants here offer treats for the kids from 4 pm-6 pm and there is a large parking lot next door at the medical center.