It can be difficult to find a full calendar of the events that happen in Gig Harbor. Below, I included a list of notable events that you should definitely check out if you get a chance. They are a lot of fun and draw people from all over Puget Sound!
- Shamrock’n The Harbor 5k/12k Family-fun run/walk on the beautiful Cushman trail, put on by the Gig Harbor Foundation, raises funds for the Gig Harbor Senior Center
- Farmer’s Market runs through the summer starting in June at downtown’s Skansie Brothers Park
- Maritime Gig Festival Featuring Grand Parade, traditional “Blessing of the Fleet”, Live music, Fun Run, Wheels on the Water Car Show, and booths and vendors
- Tuesday Night Concerts in Skansie Park run June through August and are well attended, on the beautiful waterfront of downtown Gig Harbor
- Gig Harbor Garden Tour a weekend-long, popular tradition since 1998 featuring local gardens throughout Gig Harbor and select vendors
- Sound to Narrows run, held the second Saturday of June, is the largest and most notable run event in Western Washington.
- Gig Harbor Summer Art Festival Very established 2 day festival with over 120 artist booths, food vendors and “Chalk the Harbor” all right in downtown on the waterfront
- Gig Harbor Wine and Food Festival at the Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard
- Gig Harbor Summer Swing Golf Tournament at Canterwood Country Club
- Gig Harbor Film Festival, Washington State’s destination film festival.
- Gig Harbor Open Studio Tour a well established event featuring the studios of 20+ professional mixed media visual artists
- Donkey Creek Chum Festival Celebrating the return of the spawning salmon in Donkey Creek, family-friendly festival with boat races, booths, workshops and salmon burgers
- Turkey Trot 5k run with Thanksgiving morning with 3,000+ participants
- Annual Skansie Brothers Park Tree Lighting Featuring live music and a visit from Santa
- Lighted Boat Parade and Lighted Car Parade A well-attended beautiful spectacle on land and water
- Tidefest What started as a small high school craft show has turned into one of the largest art vendor events in Washington.
Unfortunately, in order to help illuminate the most notable events here, I couldn’t include many great but smaller events in this post. That being said, if you do think I missed an important even here, please reach out and let me know!